Start of the German Affair

It’s been 2 days since I have landed myself at longrich strauss, kolen.
Germany of course.
Well getting here was not easy.
Had a late night flight from India. (At 2.30 in the middle of the night.)
And then a 9 hours flight to Frankfurt.
Frankfurt international airport (FIA).
To start off its very big, believe me when I say big,
Because you have sky line trains running,
Buses ply the passengers to and fro.
Then there are cars,
Cars cars cars everywhere.
To own a bike in Germany, it’s like owning something precious. I guess.
Spent two hours in FIA, roaming around, smoking yes smoking inside the airport.
Every place in Germany has a smoking room.
Yes you read it right, there is a smoking room in almost every building.
Then caught a small passenger flight to Kolen.
And the journey was covered in 14 mins flat.
The distance ain’t much,
I guess it is somewhere around 140-160kms.
Before they could serve a round of coffee, the trip was over.
Was driven to the baggage claim lounge in roughly 3 mins.
Now is the interesting part cause I waited for my luggage for approx. 2 mins.
I couldn’t believe myself cause I had made up my mind to wait for 30-45 mins. At least.
In India we wait nearly 20-30 mins for domestic travel baggage claim.
Umhh I have already started liking this country for its time keeping skills.
Then we had to catch the bahn trains to a place called Kolen hbf.
Now there is something German for this HBF, but it ain’t going good with me yet.
So it might take me sometime to get it right.
The train was scheduled to arrive at what…..Any guesses.
11.04, so strange but so real the train arrived at 11.04 and it left in 30 seconds.
God I just cant stop myself at seeing everything in awe!
At the station got down showed the taxi driver the address.
He fed it into the gprs system and boom…
In seconds we were on our way to the hotel room.
It took a 20 mins. Drive probably to get to this hotel.
An old lady runs this place.
Very courteous, very helpful.
Well after the travel of almost 14 hours caught some sleep.
It was already 12 in the noon by the time we reached our room.
As soon as I saw the bed, I had no other intentions than to close my eyes and roll on to the dreamland.
Then in the evening went for a walk to a nearby pub.
And my my my landed up meeting an Indian who was just as happy as we were in finding us.
He bought us 4 beers and cooked Alu Ghobi for us (Us means me and my Projekt leader).
Now you may notice that I have written ‘k’ instead of ‘c’.
This is the way it is written here.
Well after sitting there and drinking 9-10 beers and having loaf after loaves of bread.
I was seriously tired.
That man was a Punjabi and believe me there ain’t any Indian who is as passionate about anything and everything as a Punjabi.
Umhhh so back to the room at 930 in the night, well something strange.
You can still see sunlight.
Yeah don’t get puzzled sun rises as early as 530 in the morning and sets in the evening by 10 (well it aint evening, it is already 2.30am in India. For the records Germany is +4.30 hrs in summer & +3.30 hrs in winter).
So for it to become complete dark it took almost 130 hrs say it was like 11-1130 by the time I went to sleep.
Germans get up early.
They go to work by 7 in the morning and leave offices by 330, 4 in the evening.
That’s it one whole days work is done before it starts off for us……!!!
They staunchly follow traffic signal.
They never break them.
They drink loads and loads of beer. There are almost 5k+ types of beer.
So they drink a lot.
U find only n only pork and beef items to eat here (So any veggie planning to come down to Germany…..BEWARES!!!).
Germans are loud people.
They cannot talk silently at all.
They laugh with all heart just like me.
At times I feel, I was made for this.
But then “Mera Bharat is still Mahan”
Missing Indians,More so because badly missing INDIA.

Comments

Popular Posts