Inanimateness of Thoughts - Part 2
Inanimateness of Thoughts - Part 1
It was a call from Richa.
It was strange cause Richa never calls at this time of the night.
Me & Richa have been very good friends from a long time.
Richa got married to Vinod almost the same time when I got married.
Vinod also happens to be our college mate and we 3 knew each other very good.
Infact I had chalked down the ways of attracting Richa for Vinod.
Everything was fine between for the first few years.
Then Vinod began drinking and things started to fall apart.
But knowing Richa I knew she would somehow manage this period and come out of it with a smile on her face.
Though I knew she was going thru a hard period, I never summoned the courage to ask Richa about her personal life.
And she never explained it to me either.
When I received the call Richa was very disturbed.
On asking I came to know that Vinod had met with an accident and she wanted to go to the hospital and that she had called to ask me to drop her to the hospital.
Our houses were close, and so I was the first person after Richa who knew about the accident.
After reaching the hospital, seeing Vinod Richa broke down.
She was beyond anybody’s control.
After consoling her long time, I was tired.
I took a seat near the room and dozed away.
When I woke up it was almost 6 in the morning.
I had to go home.
Mini would have woken up and would be worried since I was not there.
I went in to the room that is when I saw Vinod’s condition for the first time since night.
He had a broken leg, scars on the face, hands bruised very badly.
His body was bandaged fully.
I asked Richa to stay with him while I went and got them breakfast.
For some days until Vinod was admitted in the hospital, I used to bring Richa home to hospital and back.
I used to make it a point that food reaches hospital on time for both of them.
There were my friends after all.
During Vinod’s discharge, I felt some kind of uneasiness in Vinod’s behaviour.
He did not look at me or talk to me at all.
Even I did not want to disturb him, so I did not talk to him.
I thought things would be back to normal in some days and then everything is going to be fine.
But after some days when I went to their house to check on Vinod’s recovery, he was not there.
Richa was sitting all alone and crying.
When I asked she said that even after her repeated pleas Vinod refused to go to office.
She said that he doubted the relation between us.
This is when I realised why was Vinod behaving as he did during discharge.
I said to Richa that it was normal for anyone to be like this.
It is just that it takes time to come to terms with life.
And saying this I also added that I said that I shall call Vinod on his cell as I reach office.
All the way to the office I kept thinking what made Vinod feel so??
Since I knew Richa before Vinod and I was the main reason for their marriage.
Not only did I help Vinod to get close to Richa.
I also happened to convince Richa’s parents for this marriage.
With loads of questions I entered office.
And the first thing I did was to call Vinod up on his mobile.
Vinod answered the phone,
I said to him that I needed to talk to him. And that I would like to meet him.
He silently agreed for it.
I was shocked because I expected him to refute back, I expected him to shout, I expected him to argue…But nothing of that kind happened.
We fixed the venue, a coffee shop near our college.
That is were all 3 of us had spent most of our times during college days.
Sitting and yapping for hours together.
We used to study also there….
In the evening, I reached the spot before time.
Infact I used to arrive late always, but today there was a sense of urgency and I couldn’t stop myself from going there before time.
I sat in the usual place waiting for Vinod.
As I smoked yester year’s memories beckoned to be revisited.
I remembered how we (me & Vinod) used to stare at all the college girls and rank them on their appearances.
We used to get into a small fight of our own when either of us used to rank someone higher.
We were very close.
He was the only person stood with me when I broke down due to my father’s loss.
I still remember how silly he sounded when he tried wooing girls.
We used to get our assignments done from Richa.
Richa was a school friend of mine and Vinod had feelings for her.
There was a time in our life, when Vinod before proposing to Richa had asked me whether I had any feelings for Richa.
Even that day I was true to myself when I said “NO”.
Richa will always be a very good friend to me and the same was conveyed to Vinod that day also.
And Vinod knew that lying was not my cup of tea, and I rather preferred the truth as it was easy to do so.
And Vinod used to always laugh at me for it.
Well all said and done, we were at the same position in which we found ourselves many years ago.
Even that day Vinod had a doubt?
Even today Vinod had a doubt.
But today I had to clarify Vinod once and for ever.
I knew it won’t be easy to do, but it had to be done, for all three of us to be happy.
It was a call from Richa.
It was strange cause Richa never calls at this time of the night.
Me & Richa have been very good friends from a long time.
Richa got married to Vinod almost the same time when I got married.
Vinod also happens to be our college mate and we 3 knew each other very good.
Infact I had chalked down the ways of attracting Richa for Vinod.
Everything was fine between for the first few years.
Then Vinod began drinking and things started to fall apart.
But knowing Richa I knew she would somehow manage this period and come out of it with a smile on her face.
Though I knew she was going thru a hard period, I never summoned the courage to ask Richa about her personal life.
And she never explained it to me either.
When I received the call Richa was very disturbed.
On asking I came to know that Vinod had met with an accident and she wanted to go to the hospital and that she had called to ask me to drop her to the hospital.
Our houses were close, and so I was the first person after Richa who knew about the accident.
After reaching the hospital, seeing Vinod Richa broke down.
She was beyond anybody’s control.
After consoling her long time, I was tired.
I took a seat near the room and dozed away.
When I woke up it was almost 6 in the morning.
I had to go home.
Mini would have woken up and would be worried since I was not there.
I went in to the room that is when I saw Vinod’s condition for the first time since night.
He had a broken leg, scars on the face, hands bruised very badly.
His body was bandaged fully.
I asked Richa to stay with him while I went and got them breakfast.
For some days until Vinod was admitted in the hospital, I used to bring Richa home to hospital and back.
I used to make it a point that food reaches hospital on time for both of them.
There were my friends after all.
During Vinod’s discharge, I felt some kind of uneasiness in Vinod’s behaviour.
He did not look at me or talk to me at all.
Even I did not want to disturb him, so I did not talk to him.
I thought things would be back to normal in some days and then everything is going to be fine.
But after some days when I went to their house to check on Vinod’s recovery, he was not there.
Richa was sitting all alone and crying.
When I asked she said that even after her repeated pleas Vinod refused to go to office.
She said that he doubted the relation between us.
This is when I realised why was Vinod behaving as he did during discharge.
I said to Richa that it was normal for anyone to be like this.
It is just that it takes time to come to terms with life.
And saying this I also added that I said that I shall call Vinod on his cell as I reach office.
All the way to the office I kept thinking what made Vinod feel so??
Since I knew Richa before Vinod and I was the main reason for their marriage.
Not only did I help Vinod to get close to Richa.
I also happened to convince Richa’s parents for this marriage.
With loads of questions I entered office.
And the first thing I did was to call Vinod up on his mobile.
Vinod answered the phone,
I said to him that I needed to talk to him. And that I would like to meet him.
He silently agreed for it.
I was shocked because I expected him to refute back, I expected him to shout, I expected him to argue…But nothing of that kind happened.
We fixed the venue, a coffee shop near our college.
That is were all 3 of us had spent most of our times during college days.
Sitting and yapping for hours together.
We used to study also there….
In the evening, I reached the spot before time.
Infact I used to arrive late always, but today there was a sense of urgency and I couldn’t stop myself from going there before time.
I sat in the usual place waiting for Vinod.
As I smoked yester year’s memories beckoned to be revisited.
I remembered how we (me & Vinod) used to stare at all the college girls and rank them on their appearances.
We used to get into a small fight of our own when either of us used to rank someone higher.
We were very close.
He was the only person stood with me when I broke down due to my father’s loss.
I still remember how silly he sounded when he tried wooing girls.
We used to get our assignments done from Richa.
Richa was a school friend of mine and Vinod had feelings for her.
There was a time in our life, when Vinod before proposing to Richa had asked me whether I had any feelings for Richa.
Even that day I was true to myself when I said “NO”.
Richa will always be a very good friend to me and the same was conveyed to Vinod that day also.
And Vinod knew that lying was not my cup of tea, and I rather preferred the truth as it was easy to do so.
And Vinod used to always laugh at me for it.
Well all said and done, we were at the same position in which we found ourselves many years ago.
Even that day Vinod had a doubt?
Even today Vinod had a doubt.
But today I had to clarify Vinod once and for ever.
I knew it won’t be easy to do, but it had to be done, for all three of us to be happy.
Comments
Post a Comment